The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
Andy Norfolk wrote:
Mustard wrote:
Any chance you could spend some of your earnings on updating the Rollright Trust website please? I'm still waiting for details of the original paint attack to be posted up there. The last (and only) entry on the "news" page is from 2003.

Nowt to do with me these days. I can at least remind the trustees that they ought to keep the web site up to date. I haven't been a trustee since September 2006.

Actually the web site does mention the death of Dohn Prout who died in April 2007 so it's not entirely 4 years out of date.

I did specifically state the news section - the last (and only) article on there dates from 2003:

http://www.rollrightstones.co.uk/news.shtml

As Jane says, it does create a sense of neglect. Keeping such a website up to date really isn't that difficult, and it would certainly help give the impression that the stones are being actively cared for.

I have no idea what the Rollright Trust does or doesn't do in its role as custodian of the stones. It may well be a group of highly-motivated, hard-working individuals striving tirelessly for a worthy cause, but as the only source of information regarding the RT, the website does not give that impression. If the trust really is putting in some hard graft, then it would be sensible for them to do themselves some positive PR and document their tribulations and achievements on the RT website. And on a more selfish note, it would be nice to have a reliable and up to date source for Rollrights info!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
1st January 2008ce
17:59

In reply to:

Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Andy Norfolk)

Messages in this topic: