The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
Sorry Paul but this won't wash.

Paulus wrote:
I aint told anything to anyone about RT which isn't true (eg, the poisoning of the moles and wildlife at Rollright, sanctioned by RT, using funds paid to RT by pagans, green-groups, etc). In complete contrast to some RT members.

That sounds OK until you remember what Paul wrote before...
Paulus wrote:
They make thousands each year on the place (though I clearly recall some considerable discrepancy between the amount actually taken over a couple of years and the amount they wrote for the taxman)

That is libellous. The accounts of the Rollright Trust are published every year and subject to the scrutiny of the Charity Commission. What Paul alleges isn't true. Perhaps he realised he'd gone too far and is now raising the issue of the moles to distract attention from his rather rash (and potentially actionable) statement.

Andy Norfolk wrote:
However it is a matter of fact which could easily be demonstrated by the Trust's records that income from visitors has always been significantly higher when other people than Paul were responsible for the takings. Odd that!

Oh aye! What periods? Tom, Pete K and others from the early period raised money for RT ourselves in those days (talks, workshops, etc). So not sure what you'd be implying here. What do you mean exactly?[/quote]

What I mean is quite clear. For some reason during those periods for which Paul was responsible for taking money at the gate from visitors to the Kings Men circle less money was banked by the Trust than when others were there dealing with admissions. There could of course be any number of explanations for this.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Andy Norfolk
31st December 2007ce
10:06

Messages in this topic: