The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
Andy Norfolk wrote:
I should add that the accounts of the Rollright Trust for 1999 to 2005 are on the Charity Commission web site at http://www.charity-commission.[...]ity.asp?remchar=&chyno=1068450

Figures that can be easily manipulated by anyone who does the books. Oops - you hadn't thought of that!

Andy Norfolk wrote:
You will see that income and expenditure are quite closely matched throughout except for year 2002-03 in which the Trust received a private donation of £40,000. This money was put into a reserve fund for unforeseen events.

Hmmmm... so would this reserve account be open to public scrutiny aswell? I assume it is, but y' never know with some of these groups...

Andy Norfolk wrote:
Security at the site has been of great concern from the beginning of the Trust. As some of you will know one of the present trustees works for the police and the issue of how to improve site security is always under review.

I don't think it is of considerable concern to half the RT committee folk - otherwise they'd get off their backsides and do summat much more efficiently. Many of us know it would have been done with much greater effect had Paul Devereux's plans been done. And with better diplomacy, educational off-shoots, tons better in all honesty. RT has just become run by a little middle-class group of would-be lairds who think they own a stone circle, which they love to show-off to their friends.

Please don't take any of this personally Andy. I'm simply telling you the way that RT has become increasingly viewed by many outsiders - and a lotta locals. Thankfully, the stones themselves will endure way way beyond the people who delude themselves with the notion that they 'run it.'

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
30th December 2007ce
19:08

In reply to:

Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Andy Norfolk)

Messages in this topic: