The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
They make thousands each year on the place (though I clearly recall some considerable discrepancy between the amount actually taken over a couple of years and the amount they wrote for the taxman) and surely they should have done something with the cash they've made over the last decade to ensure such vandals are caught.

I'm sure you have facts and figures to support your claim that the Rollright Trust are making 'thousands' and that there are 'discrepancies' in their accounts. If not your words might possibly be libellous - then again you might just be on one of your occasion shit-stirring sorties into this Forum.

As for doing something with the cash they've made: security even at places like Avebury and Barbary Castle (see above) is notoriously difficult to enforce but I think you'll find, if you take the trouble to look into the situation at Rollright, that the path for disabled visitors is one case in point of a worthwhile use of 'cash' raised - Aubrey Burl, l who you fawningly refer to you in your profile, certainly seemed to think so when he opened it.

I expected Mr Loud-Mouth to come in with his usual shit.

I filled the RT-books in after taking cash at the hut here - with other very reliable volunteers - over a 2 years period - day-in, day-out. Lived in the hut, slept here, wept here, shagged here. Know it better than most - RT members included. Now - instead of moaning (you're usual lifestyle), why not apply yourself where it's needed?

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
29th December 2007ce
20:54

In reply to:

Re: Rollrights - another attack! (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: