The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollrights - another attack!
58 messages
Select a forum:
They make thousands each year on the place (though I clearly recall some considerable discrepancy between the amount actually taken over a couple of years and the amount they wrote for the taxman) and surely they should have done something with the cash they've made over the last decade to ensure such vandals are caught.

I'm sure you have facts and figures to support your claim that the Rollright Trust are making 'thousands' and that there are 'discrepancies' in their accounts. If not your words might possibly be libellous - then again you might just be on one of your occasional shit-stirring sorties into this Forum.

As for doing something with the cash they've made: security even at places like Avebury and Barbary Castle (see above) is notoriously difficult to enforce but I think you'll find, if you take the trouble to look into the situation at Rollright, that the path for disabled visitors is one case in point of a worthwhile use of 'cash' raised - Aubrey Burl, who you fawningly refer to you in your profile, certainly seemed to think so when he opened it.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
29th December 2007ce
20:47

Messages in this topic: