The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Horse Clough Forum Start a topic | Search
Horse Clough
Re: New Peak District site....?
30 messages
Select a forum:
How strange this post is I used to camp near the waterfall at the top of horses clough when i was 10 or 11 (54 now) . I still live in Glossop and used to run the fells around here so i still have all my lod maps (never liked the new mtric crap not enough contour lines old tracks) I have found a 1970 it shows two quarys east and west of the top third of the clough were the stream splits, bothe are within 250 yrds. I have a 1950 Glossop map 1:25000 somewhere (the Mrs has been tiding again I am sure it showed an old coal mine there the track to the mine and quarys is still on the lane past the Hare and houndsabout 100yrds after the bad bend (on the left just next to the two houses that show there gardens) Theres a well on the track and another next to cloud farm at the junction of this track. I will try to find my old map. However if anyone wants to contact me to see the maps or take a trip in there please do [email protected]
Snap aka Terry Ackley

Reply | with quote
Posted by Snap
6th December 2007ce
09:55

Messages in this topic: