The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Gretigate Forum Start a topic | Search
Gretigate
Re: Fitz and Terrier in Cumbria
10 messages
Select a forum:
Rhiannon wrote:
Do you know Fitz I never get tired of reading about your diligent efforts to track down so=called lost circles. I like the way you don't take anything for granted, and it's great when you find something.
CUriously I was supposed to be at Sellafield today but having fallen over and injured myself I am confined to the house down south. It looks like you had a nice day though, and your furry companion appears to have had an interesting time too.

Hi Rhiannon,
I'm sorry to hear that you out of sorts, I hope your up and about again soon.
Regarding the lost circles, I guess someone has to keep an eye on these places and hopefully fill in any gaps that may have been missed. My own take on this is, that so many reports are so scant that, I feel they need to be revisited and looked at with a non-professional eye if only to confirm that nothing remains. It also helps me in my own researches regarding the landscape and possible connections between sites. Over the past couple of years I've been concentrating on Eastern Cumbria, my plan is to get over to the Western Cumbrian plain a little more and start to think about how the two areas may relate to each other.
As for the terrier, he's the only one daft enough to put up with my wanderings.

cheers
fitz

Reply | with quote
fitzcoraldo
Posted by fitzcoraldo
17th October 2007ce
18:16

In reply to:

Fitz and Terrier in Cumbria (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: