The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Twelve Apostles of Hollywood Forum Start a topic | Search
10 messages
Select a forum:
in recent months, having discovered the location of this circle i have been drawn to it. i try to get out there at the full moon, not really sure why but it seems appropriate. i made my first visit on the summer solstice. i've had a few ideas with regards to make my visits more interesting. one idea is to bring some people along for a start, with musical instruments and light a fire and drink alcohol and take drugs and dance around naked. however as this would attract the wrong kind of attention i think maybe something more civilized and in keeping with ancient reverence is better. perhaps a light show or some kind of musical performance. i am considering buying a generator for this purpose. although this kind of thing requires consent and permission i would be willing to do something less ambitious to begin with. maybe if someone had any information or knowledge about what these stone circles were used for, what folks did around them, why they went to all the effort of assembling huge rocks in a circle. my other idea is to get pieces of string or wool and creat lines between opposing stones to find the centre and mark out the geometry of the formation.

Reply | with quote
Posted by the lunatic society
31st August 2007ce
12:44

5 replies:

Re: full moon (matt)
Re: full moon (JohnDee007)
Re: full moon (FourWinds)
Re: full moon (tiompan)
Re: full moon (rockartwolf)

Messages in this topic: