The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wayland's Smithy Forum Start a topic | Search
Wayland's Smithy
Re: wayland's smithy
9 messages
Select a forum:
mornin'! hurrah, made it to the swithy! what's the root of swithy? i used to live in a withy lane once?hmmmm? anyway, gorgeous day yesterday.. loads of people, walking up the uffington horse and along the ridgeway... took a very windy walk, as in all over the place through fields and woods, bit partial to the woods meself, instead of signposted route, its good to wander..! i was struck by the perfect oval of trees surrounding the barrow, a really beautiful spot.. i think i'll put up a fieldnote if i have time today.. kids on easter holidays, no chance!! the forecourt stones are huge aren't they?! lots of lovely holes especially the me-sized hollow in the back of the right entrance stone!! quite a few people in and out, so sat under a tree to eat lunch... found it a very peaceful place, i do wish people wouldn't jam coins into the stones, i removed two yesterday.. if they can't make their offerings symbolically arent they missing something? even the whole chocolate digestives left by someone , which i was tempted to eat, well it was a long walk! funny thing was, i didn't find the place as vibey as others i have been to, but when i lay down for a while i began to feel incredibly relaxed.. then woke up nearly two hours later as the sun was just starting to go down!! being a natural insomniac, sleep doesn't come easy, but that really was the sleep of the dead!!it was a really weird feeling to be back in the land of the living if u know what i mean, a deeply peaceful place.. want to sit on top of dragon hill next time.. hope yous all got to enjoy the sunshine LISS x

Reply | with quote
Posted by lissy
25th March 2002ce
13:53

In reply to:

wayland's smithy (lissy)

1 reply:

Re: wayland's smithy (cHARLIE)

Messages in this topic: