The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   St Breock Downs Menhir Forum Start a topic | Search
5 messages
Select a forum:
How Do Mr Spratt

I read your weblog about your day out from Wadebridge on a bike....I feel for you!

If only you had contacted me first...

I think you may have passed Pawton Quoit as you were climbing up the lane to the farm before you went up the track to Men Gurta. I must admit I had to ask at the farm to find it..not easily seen from the lane.

I will check the stones at Carbilly asap. The area has only just been opened up to the public through the right to roam and even now the access in some places is made difficult by barbed wire. It is on my list of places to visit, as much for industrial heritage interest as anything...

Now...I am just reading your next bit of the weblog...sorry to hear about the GPS....who needs them anyway? I don't even use a compass!

I think I am right in saying that you did not find Fernacre...sorry but.....were you along way along an unsurfaced track or just at the end of the tarmac? Your photos don't look right? too far away from Roughtor..it should tower over the circle. I wonder if you found what I believe to be an old field system just to the left of the track..

Glad you found the Trippet Stones...nice circle, recently done up a bit...don't worry about not finding the Stipple Stones..not easy with out a map! and then you need to go by a roundabout route.

You end by saying you will be back down later in the year...please give us a shout...looks like you need a guide!

Enjoy the summer!

Mr H

Reply | with quote
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
19th June 2007ce
18:41

In reply to:

Mr Hamhead (jacksprat)

1 reply:

Re: Mr Hamhead (Mr Hamhead)

Messages in this topic: