The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wayland's Smithy Forum Start a topic | Search
Wayland's Smithy
Re: Saying goodbye to treaclechops
29 messages
Select a forum:
Jane, Moth, Kate, and all grievers,
I lost my mum on the 18th of May. The morning was dreary, but the afternoon in which she died was beautiful. Cotton wool clouds filled the sky on a westering wind, and the sun shone into the room in which she lay. As I cried, I thought about other people who had gone through a similar experience.
Loss is hard to appreciate until you experience it. "Devastation" is a word that springs to mind.
I felt a shock when you informed us TC had died. I didn't cry, as I never met her, but I felt a sense of loss. The feeling of loss came from her writing. Every note she posted on TMA was delectable. I lapped it all up, and looked forward to her every post. She was a wordsmith. I think we, on TMA, all try to find the right words to convey our experiences at the site we visit. TC had a gift in that field, and her writing will live on, not only in the minds of those who knew her, but in the minds of those who knew her writings in her lifetime, and in those who find her writings after her, unfortunately, premature death.
RIP TC,
Forever,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
1st July 2007ce
00:32

Messages in this topic: