The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ffyst Samson Forum Start a topic | Search
Ffyst Samson
Re: Calling Moss
8 messages
Select a forum:
Kammer wrote:
Sorry to hear you didn't find Ffyst Samson. I was there a couple of weeks ago with the family, and we did find it but only after a lot of stumbling about. I'll post the photos & fieldnotes up at some stage soon.

I think the footpath that passes the tomb has been blocked off, so I'm pursuing Pembrokeshire County Council to find out more. Will let you know how that goes.

K x

Thought I'd sneak the fact that I had'nt found Ffyst Samson onto the site without anyone knowing Kammer ;),
if you remember had problems with Gwal-y-filiast as well. But both sites are definitely marked on the maps with public footpaths THEREFORE should be marked as such and not closed off - perhaps we should start a campaign for Pembs and access to cromlechs - it would improve their tourist trade...
Did find Pentre Ifan, Carreg Coetan, and Carreg Samson though.

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
26th April 2007ce
16:06

In reply to:

Calling Moss (Kammer)

2 replies:

Re: Calling Moss (Kammer)
Re: Calling Moss (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: