The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: NT Press release. Solstice @ Avebury
21 messages
Select a forum:
I think my argument rests on the fact that there is a lot fear and prejudice that is induced when you start to demonise people, most people attending these meetings will probably be harmless.

I entirely agree with you but I also have a nagging feeling about the other side of the coin = if 99% of 2,000 behave that still leaves 20 bad lads which is quite a lot for one small village. I remember being in Tintagel when the Glastonbury-Stonehenge summer convoy called in and the atmosphere was really horrible and scary because of a couple of groups.

Maybe NT should engage the Pagan and other groups in more policing like EH does pretty well at Stonehenge. I don't think they do themselves many favours with the community by sending out mixed messages, saying they are forced to close the carpark but sounding very sympathetic to the residents concerns at the same time. And what's this about the long term aim to banish all cars? How will that work?

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
28th April 2007ce
11:59

Messages in this topic: