The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: NT Press release. Solstice @ Avebury
21 messages
Select a forum:
"I'm trying to see it from both angles... on the one hand, I wouldn't be best pleased if some scary drunk bloke in retro-gear was hollering outside my house at 3.00am. On the other hand, how many people now live there who bought their house without being fully aware that might happen occasionally?:

I think my argument rests on the fact that there is a lot fear and prejudice that is induced when you start to demonise people, most people attending these meetings will probably be harmless.
Camping facilities, if someone is brave enough to embark on this and provide the fields, sanitary conditions and firm policy about not having late night parties on site - which can be equally disruptive, would be wonderful but I have serious doubts that it would get planning permission, or that someone would willingly fork out the money for such a lot of hassle....

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
28th April 2007ce
11:15

Messages in this topic: