The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Pagan Britain - Anne Ross
461 messages
Select a forum:
'I really like Anne Ross, she's been featuring on the TV program Pagans and Na Ceiltich recently. The book people like least of hers is one I really like, just because she isn't afraid the theorise "Life and Death of a Druid Prince".'

Her book on Pagan Britain is a classic, but there was a counter argument against the 'three death' end of the Lindow Man in the above book, it was said that the cut to the neck could easily have been inflicted by the peat cutter. Think she wrapped up the theory with the fact that the gold torque he wore could also represent a rope; they are often 'woven' in strands of three. It was interesting, given that the other author was a police pathologist. The best person I've read on the bog people was Seamus Heaney's poems on them and he took them from Glob's Scandinavian bog discoveries.....

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
15th September 2009ce
11:42

Messages in this topic: