The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Gwal-y-Filiast Forum Start a topic | Search
Gwal-y-Filiast
Re: Directions wanted
5 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
" but there is a footpath, where the road ends and the path begins is where I parked right next to the house after asking permission, then just follow the path with woods to your right and fields to your left, take left branch on the path and your there ".

Thanks for that, did go down that lane, but rather nervous about going down private driveways. Really it should have better access - if anyone from CADW is reading this - it looks a beautiful classic site and the public footpath should be marked at the beginning of the drive....

Couldn't agree more, I was nervous too but I'd come a long way specifically for this one so come hell or high water I was going to get there. It's isolation from other sites and its hidden place in the forest are what it owes it's obscurity to .It's such a gem, a purpose made footpath should go straight to it

Reply | with quote
postman
Posted by postman
7th April 2007ce
13:24

In reply to:

Re: Directions wanted (moss)

Messages in this topic: