The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: World Megameet
221 messages
Select a forum:
No no! My apologies for not being clear and unambiguous. No change, no more herding!

British Air has posted some cheap rates for flights to London in April and May, and Loie wanted to confirm the date, not ask for it to be moved. There's only the slimmest of slim chances we would be able to attend, but we're, let's say, dreaming of it. Wondering if we could swing it. Amazed we even have the temerity to consider it. Wanting so much for it to be possible. Etc. Etc.

I looked but didn't see a posting on the Stone Pages, so popped in here to *confirm* beyond doubt that May 12th is the date.

It would be a dream come true to be able to attend. Right now it's just a fantasy, definitely silly, but Loie will look over the finances and we'll see. In the meantime, what would any of you recommend for accomodations? Camping is not an option. Bed and breakfast places, midprice inns, etc. Shabby chic.

Our house outside Wilton was lovely but probably more than we two would need. The farmer market in Wilton was good, though. Some excellent cheeses and local hard cider. Sounds like picnic lunch to me!

So, May 12th is the date, right?

Reply | with quote
Posted by BuckyE
16th March 2007ce
13:46

In reply to:

World Megameet (nigelswift)

3 replies:

Re: World Megameet (goffik)
Re: World Megameet (slumpystones)
Megameet accommodation (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: