The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Seven Fonts Forum Start a topic | Search
The Seven Fonts
Re: He's off again .. well done ryaner
18 messages
Select a forum:
FourWinds wrote:
What I'm curious about is whether what you list as The Seven Fonts is the bullaun Weir mentions and calls The Seven Sisters. It's this one that I was told was (and I paraphrase) 'out of bounds, because it's in someone's garden over the road from the pub by the bridge'.

Interesting stuff!

I'm guessing, but I reckon they're one and the same. The 'pub by the bridge' is now the hotel by the bridge. Were you able to go 'over the road' from there, directly north you'd get to the Seven Fonts/Sisters after about a 3 minute walk. However, you can't go that way as you'd have to pass around by the back of the craft shop, through one or two back gardens and then into the field with the stones.

BTW, the seven fonts/sisters are in four separate stones so if Weir mentions 'the bullaun' maybe they're not one and the same. Were that the case that means that there's even more of the yokes, maybe not such a bad thing. :-) (Quick reality check here: they are one and the same!)

A suggestion when you visit there: WELLIES. The field is very boggy and my new gore-tex super protected boots offered scant protection.

Reply | with quote
ryaner
Posted by ryaner
29th November 2006ce
00:18

Messages in this topic: