The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stone of Odin Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Stone of Odin
Re: Stone Of Odin
24 messages
Select a forum:
Just to note that statement was purely hypothetical to illustrate the passing on of mitochondrial DNA in the female line.
I personally do not know much at all about viking culture I did see a couple of episodes of blood of the vikings and noticed they were using Y chromosome studies and thus the male line. Which is why i brought this up as i was uncertain if they had checked out the female line. From what you say of their culture I can see why this was not done but I still feel both should be looked at to give a balance.
Even if people did not inter marry officially the odd indiscretion may be seen!
It may be interesting to look for native british elements that may have made there way back to norse lands....
I do find the movements etc interesting and the genetics although of course there are flaws in both male and female line studies i.e if only girls were born or conversly only boys then both methods if used alone would not detect the reletionships involved.
any way thats enough from me!
love
carolinex

Reply | with quote
Posted by caergog
20th February 2002ce
22:21

In reply to:

Re: Stone Of Odin (Annexus Quam)

Messages in this topic: