The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stone of Odin Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Stone of Odin
Re: Stone Of Odin
24 messages
Select a forum:
I too have mixed feelings about this one. It depends who will finacially benefit- mebbe she means it will bring even more folk to Orkney which is no bad thing, after all tourism is one of Scotlands main industries. Those folk who live in Orkney and rely on tourism (although I doubt many Orcadians rely solely on tourism- I knew a crofter in the Western Isles who was a bus driver, post man, worked at a hotel, ran his croft etc etc) for a living have to make most of their money in about 6 months of the year to see em through the winter. I guess the Council would also want a return on their initial outlay. I mean, I pay Historic Scotland to visit the sites they look after and am (reasonably) happy to do so- if the money made from these sites is put back into preservation, education, etc.
We'll see.....

Reply | with quote
Posted by Martin
14th February 2002ce
16:20

In reply to:

Stone Of Odin (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: Stone Of Odin (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: