The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Gwal-y-Filiast Forum Start a topic | Search
Gwal-y-Filiast
Re: John Piper
66 messages
Select a forum:
Gah! I wish I did. I keep on trying, but my pics are too jaunty. There aren't that many wellknown painters who make/made pics of ancient stuff, so those that do require my utmost attention. I love his darkness, the brooding lines and flashes of colour. Not only that, he was a tremendous draughtsman, like Hockney and van Gogh. You've got to be able to draw to be able to paint. Only then can you start really 'seeing'.

Anyway this dolmen. I've got to find it and give it the Tomlinson treatment. So if anyone CAN 100% confirm what it is, I'd be a happy bunny.

I'm struggling with a commission at the mo; view of Oxford , and keep looking at Pipers for inspiration. All those fucking dreaming spires :-(

I made this one the other day http://www.janetomlinson.com/i[...]paintings/fromthefourwinds.jpg
It's view south from Holy Island, very near those Holyhead Mountain Hut Circles.

I must get on with my commission. TMA is too damned distracting.
J
x

This topic is locked
Jane
Posted by Jane
8th September 2006ce
20:33

In reply to:

Re: John Piper (Littlestone)

2 replies: