The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: Mystical, Academic or Aesthetic
59 messages
Select a forum:
"I've gotta agree with DokAtomic here about the cliquey disregard to such seemingly weird notions. I know that to many folk when the expression 'earth energies' appears, everyone shouts Mike Croley and lizards - which is damn irrational and utterly unscientific of those concerned!"

I don't remember much of that happening. Mike and Croppy had funny ideas but Hob is right in what he says about them - they had a very good run here and left for things unconnected with their ideas.

Personally, I don't think there's likely to be a clique here against earth energies or anything else. Christianity and creationism would get a rigorous "examination" I expect but that's because most people here tend to have opposite views and be prepared to express them. So what? There'd be no clique and no burning at the stake purely because of the ideas.

I have proof. Twas me that suggested to Croppy to come here - specifically because "they've recently had a long discussion about dowsing and it got an unusually fair hearing with most people thinking parts of it have some validity". OK, it didn't work out in the end but that wasn't because of his ideas.

This topic is locked
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
7th September 2006ce
07:00

Messages in this topic: