The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: Mystical, Academic or Aesthetic
59 messages
Select a forum:
Outlandish.

I Don't think outlandish stuff gets knee-jerked off this forum. For a while after Cropredy started posting his dowsing stuff, a number of people were quite open minded, even when it started to wear a bit thin, people tried to suggest ways in which he could get a bit more acceptance for his ideas by testing them.
But he never did, which is a bit of a shame.
'Cos phenomena do happen, and we ain't gonna ever understand them unless we start trying to appreciate them in a non-phenomenological way. Some people might not want to understand weird stuff, preferring to just bask in the strangeness. Personally, I ain't arsed either way, I'd rather think there's room in the world for both ways of seeing.

If the world were slightly more conducive to effective communication, this forum would be a place where the mystical, the academic and the aesthetic humorously blended together in a synergistic manner ;)

This topic is locked
Hob
Posted by Hob
6th September 2006ce
20:32

In reply to:

Re: Mystical, Academic or Aesthetic (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: