The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: You are joking sire?
59 messages
Select a forum:
If I may throw my hat in? I agree with Rhiannon in that I think if there was different sub-sections it would get more cliquey. It only could. You'd have the scholars in one corner, the mystics, the ramblers, the artists, all in different boxes.

Part of the reason I love reading the threads is the diverse range of people contributing to the same subject. I think it's healthy and it's good to get a different perspective, even if you don't agree with it. And I do get entertained by some of the debate too. As Rhiannon says, Go for it!

I too love the folklore side of things but often read some of the more scholarly debates, tentatively contributing now and then. I must say, and I don't want to sound controversial, but I used to love some of Cropredy's postings and the arguments that he generated. At least it was colourful!!

As long as it doesn't get too subversive and turn into into trolling, insults and slanging, I think it's all good!

Cheers
JS.

This topic is locked
jacksprat
Posted by jacksprat
6th September 2006ce
15:37

In reply to:

Re: You are joking sire? (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: