The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: You are joking sire?
59 messages
Select a forum:
FourWinds wrote:
Or, people who want to discuss such things could just go to a website that caters for that kind of thing. TMA is not obliged to provide a forum for everyone's needs. People do not have a gods-given right to post whatever they want on these forums.

But straight away that's quite confrontational. Why respond like that to what was meant simply as a positive suggestion? I think this is exactly what makes these boards feel cliquey to me - deviate from the perceived manifesto and get met with hostility.

TMA may not be 'obliged' to cater for everyone's needs, but it should certainly recognise that as the largest megalithic resource on the net, it's certainly bound to attract a wide cross-section of interested parties. And let's face it - the colour scheme and design don't do much to put off the more alternative poster! I don't see any reason why it can't be all things to all men/women. Surely we should all be united by a desire to preserve and protect the places we care about? And maybe a little dialogue between the various communities might actually be constructive? But hey.... if TMA only caters to a specific interest group, maybe it should say so? Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough, but I can't see anywhere where it states that the site is only here to service the needs of one particular variety of interested people.

FourWinds wrote:
I do not pretend to speak on TMA's behalf, but TMA does not seem to ban people arbitarily and it would be a bad thing if people were banned simply because they mentioned something such as earth energies or lizards. They should, however, be able to answer any questions asked of them without simply saying, "I'm right and the world will realise it one day." or "Only those with my special powers can detect this." Furthermore they should not resort to directing person insults at other members. It is that kind of behaviour that gets people banned, not their ideas.

I think that was kinda my point. That kinda behaviour should result in much faster banning, IMHO.

Just some thoughts. Not looking for an argument here.

This topic is locked
doktoratomik
Posted by doktoratomik
6th September 2006ce
14:36

In reply to:

Re: You are joking sire? (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: You are joking sire? (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: