The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: You are joking sire?
59 messages
Select a forum:
Rhiannon wrote:
I don't want to be argumentative but I really don't think it is that cliquey here?

I guess it's a matter of perception. It feels a little cliquey to me though. And I'm not even a lizzard-loving post-Atlantean druid!

Rhiannon wrote:
The only thing that gets a lot of people's backs up is -you know, the I'm-right-you're-wrong-I'mnotlisteninglalala lizard energy related stuff. And that's because of the immense amount of energy that's gone into futile threads 'discussing' it which have turned into slanging matches.

Without wanting to flog a dead horse.... people of that ilk are best ignored. Or banned. It should never have got to that stage, and IMHO, it's everbodies fault that it did.

Rhiannon wrote:
Maybe that makes people suspicious of 'alternative' ideas. I don't think there are obvious cliques of people who always side with each other, although I suppose there are clearly different groups of people who are into similar things eg photography, rock art, folklore, activism etc. but I don't think in a cliquey way. Maybe I'm like a fish and I can't see the water, but I thought everyone was quite open. Anyway I'm sorry you feel like that.

Maybe part of it is the small membership and the increasing (in my perception) focus on an interest in research. For me, my interest is in mood and atmosphere. I gave up trying to understand these places years ago, so now I just enjoy 'em and don't worry so much about theorising.

I've long thought that this forum could do with something like VBulletin so that you could have some sub-forums for different topics. It'd be nice to have a photography sub-forum for example. And it'd also be a good idea if you had an earth energies (or similar) sub-forum where people with such an interest could go to discuss their ideas. It'd make for a much more eclectic forum without interfering with the more serious discussions that appear to interest the majority of the current posters.

This topic is locked
doktoratomik
Posted by doktoratomik
6th September 2006ce
14:05

In reply to:

Re: You are joking sire? (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: