The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Newgrange Forum Start a topic | Search
Newgrange
Re: Visiting Newgrange - any tips
7 messages
Select a forum:
follow that cow wrote:
When I was there with my kids I got talking with one of the museum curators and he took us into a mock up of the inside where you can watch the 'wintersunrise'
Don't know whether this is part of the main show (I doubt it, as it is very cramped) but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

I seem to remember that you can prebook your tour time to save waiting in the queues. But may be wrong...... anyway, lucky ol' you!!!!

Thanks for that, I had heard that you can pre-book so may try and do that. We are over for 5 days, so will have 3 days "out in the field" and then go to Newgrange on the last day. We also want to spend a day in Dublin, checking out the museums (and the bars, of course)

Really looking forward to it and thanks to everyone for their tips....if you are out and about in Meath between 11th - 15th, keep an eye out for 2 bumbling women (1 English, 1 Scottish, both short and darkish) and say hello!

Vx

Reply | with quote
Vicster
Posted by Vicster
3rd August 2006ce
11:32

In reply to:

Re: Visiting Newgrange - any tips (follow that cow)

Messages in this topic: