The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
92 messages
Select a forum:
Trouble with the English though, moss, is that we don't say anything when we see something bad happening (well, it's not only the English, I can think of a few other nationalities that don't say anything either). I can understand it when there might actually be some physical danger involved to oneself by complaining, or telling someone off, but quite often we sort of grim and bear it.

I went to an Indian restaurant with my brother last week and he started moaning about the volume of the background music (and the fact that they were still running the vacuum cleaner over the floor while we were eating :-). I said to him, "For heaven's sake brother, don't moan to me tell them to stop." He didn't, he just moaned all evening... sigh... The Americans are much better at complaining; once, when the waitress went over to ask an American couple in the same restaurant I was in if the meal was alright the lady said, "No" and then went on to tell the waitress (with a smile) what was wrong with it - she didn't get charged for the meal.

You've heard of people being banned from pubs - I banned my local landlord for a month for showing footie practically every day by taking my custom elsewhere. That'll teach the little sod. I hate football.

Littlestone (grumpy and getting grumpier).

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
10th July 2006ce
17:58

In reply to:

Re: Rocks? (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Rocks? (moss)

Messages in this topic: