The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: July Callanish People
24 messages
Select a forum:
Hello all of you,

Thanks you all of the support and messages!!! It is really nice to get this feedback.

Many... wrote:
Hi Victor
That is such a shame. I was lucky enough to get to Callanish in June but many people weren't able to and rely on your webcam to follow what is happening.

Indeed.

Many... wrote:

Can you offer any feedback on how last night was? Were the skies clear? And is it as busy as it was in June?

It looks to be gathering momentum and because there is also a music festival around, it could be that this will attract more (and different) people.

This evening the moon will be even lower in the sky then in June, but unluckily we will not be able to witness this from the many homes through the web camera.
I really don't know what to do. I am relying on local people, but they can quite frightened by the crowds and their attitude.

So there waw oral threatening, they put Friday night paper in front of the lens (by the way: we were still able to see through it the moon) and yesterday night they detached the camera from its post. So it is now staring at the grass...

So this is a temporarily downturn of the project, but we will come back! A few individuals are not allowed to change this experience. But for this week, sorry, they seem to be in power.

If you have ideas to make it more human proof this web camera, let me know (and hints can help).

All the best,

Victor

Reply | with quote
geniet
Posted by geniet
9th July 2006ce
15:33

In reply to:

Re: July Callanish People (Vicster)

1 reply:

Re: July Callanish People (geniet)

Messages in this topic: