The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: The bluestone debate
390 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
"From where I stand, what we see is an old hypothesis with some guys desperate to attach bits of evidence to it."

Really?!
Who are these desperate guys then?

Wouldn't dream of criticising the open-minded and creative contributors to this forum!! No no -- I'm referring to certain senior academics whore careers / reputations are now closely bound up with the human transport theory and who therefore -- for purposes of self-esteem - have to defend it aggressively against anybody who has the gall to question it. Personal vilification is a part of the scenario -- look what happened to poor old Kellaway and to the authors of the 1991 OU paper. Result -- most geologists and geomorphologists who should have contributed to this debate have been frightened off -- or have convinced themselves that the territory "belongs" to archaeologists.

I've got no academic career to protect, so I have a certain freedom to express myself!

Reply | with quote
Posted by mountainman
17th November 2008ce
09:26

In reply to:

Re: The bluestone debate (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: The bluestone debate (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: