The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carwynnen Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Carwynnen Quoit
Re: Quoit a problem
17 messages
Select a forum:
Sounds about right. The local archeology guys tend towrds it being natural/etc but with the question over one of the stones. It may not be local - it hasn't been checked out. If it is local it looks pretty cut and dried as the only 'evidence' that it isn't is that stone. Vice versa if it is not a local stone. Although I live close I havn't visited the site as my efforts have been elsewhere. Howver I hope to change that soon and get some high definition digital photo's of the stone in question.
What concerns me about all this is that the information that I found is readily available. Perhaps other members should take a cautionary pause. How many sites are there listed here that are accepted by members but no one has actually asked the question of authenticity? Perhaps new entries ought to have an authenticity note added?

Reply | with quote
Posted by bergman
4th May 2006ce
17:05

In reply to:

Re: Quoit a problem (Mr Hamhead)

1 reply:

Re: Quoit a problem (Andy Norfolk)

Messages in this topic: