The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cowper's Cross Forum Start a topic | Search
Cowper's Cross
Re: Calling Paulus! Cup marks?
7 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Dave -

David Raven wrote:
[quote="Paulus"]Hi Dave
If the cup marks were on the horizontal stone forming the 'arms' of the cross, then it's now probably in some F*ckwits garden :(

I was up there three weeks ago and it appeared to have been stolen. Whilst I was there a guy walking his dog commented to me that he had seen the cross piece broken off and on the ground two weeks previous to that. I couldn't see it lying around anywhere nearby.

It's unfortunate that the track is open that goes over the moor and right past the site. It'd make it relatively easy for someone to go up in their 4X4 and chuck it in the back...

Anyway, I went up again today and took a pic, so you can see the state it's in.

Hmmm...not good. More likely to have been some pissheads than anyone else. Tis bad news though. Think I'll have to get misself over to this 'ere Ilkley Moor meeting at the Clark-Foley Centre. It'll be interesting to here what their ideas about heritage preservation on these moors are gonna be about.

Cheers - Paul

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
28th November 2007ce
16:44

In reply to:

Re: Calling Paulus! Cup marks? (David Raven)

1 reply:

Re: Calling Paulus! Cup marks? (David Raven)

Messages in this topic: