The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Cork Forum Start a topic | Search
County Cork
Re: Identify mysterious Cork circle...
10 messages
Select a forum:
Well, got here at last, what a fantastic place! The park setting might not be to everyones taste but after the fiasco trying to get to Dunbeacon the night before it was great to have a well worn track and map to the circle and the entire park to myself, the otter and the deer.

This site is incredible, the eternal cynic in me kept muttering 'how convienient that it just happened to be there when they were creating the park...' but all seems above board and the gravel around the stones is not as much a distraction as I had imagined. This is a mini Beaghmore and it is still secluded enough on a quiet day, surrounded by trees but high enough on the hillside to have fantastic views.

The only dampner was some passing showers and the €15 fee per car which is pretty steep if you ar ehere on your own. The driveway from the road takes about five minutes by car and the circle takes another 15 mins to walk so be warned if you decide to park outside the gates.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
24th May 2006ce
20:14

In reply to:

Identify mysterious Cork circle... (CianMcLiam)

Messages in this topic: