The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Stall
22 messages
Select a forum:
I looked it up -
Under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 street trading is prohibited in Avebury High St and Green Street.
So keep off the tarmac.

So far as off-road sin is concerned, that falls under the National Trust Byelaws.
Byelaw 17, (Hawking) : No unauthorised person shall on Trust Property sell or offer or expose for sale any commodity or article.

But the NT staff seem to be encouraged to use their judgement. A few friends flogging each other some books about how good ancients sites are doesn't seem a huge crime to me compared with some.

Especially as Byelaw 17 goes on... or for the purpose of trade or reward take any photograph.

I happened to notice that Byelaw 5(a) says - No unauthorised person shall bring rubbish, scrap, or waste materials on to Trust Property for the purpose of abandoning or disposing of the same...
so that's the offerings debate settled.

Finally, all please note Byelaw 22 -
No person shall on Trust Property use any indecent or obscene language to the annoyance of any person.

That's fecked it for a lot of us then.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
29th July 2006ce
20:52

In reply to:

Re: Stall (goffik)

2 replies:

Re: Stall (Pete G)
Re: Stall (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: