The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Bridestones Forum Start a topic | Search
59 messages
Select a forum:
"Comparisons are odious and its like comparing a painting with a fine pen and ink drawing."

Artistically speaking I totally agree. Additionally I would argue there must be some kind of accepted quality benchmark for equipment to render a likeness of the original subject in as faithful photographic capture as is possible. This is not related to the photographer's or printmaker's individual vision or artistry, but to industrial benchmarks?

Taking that (technical) pursuit of faithful capture as a benchmark, the chosen output is then of course down to taste. And I too am sure that silver, bromide, platinum, polaroid, etc etc prints will be around for scores of decades yet.

Hells teeth, people make slides from digital captures and then print using chemicals, just the same as people scan negs and slides and then print them on ink or lightjet.

Huazzah!

This topic is locked
morfe
Posted by morfe
3rd March 2006ce
20:58

In reply to:

Re: Medium Format.. (PeterH)

2 replies:

Re: retropolis (morfe)
Re: retropolis (PeterH)

Messages in this topic: