The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Thornborough Henges Forum Start a topic | Search
50 messages
Select a forum:
For the sake of clarity of understanding I feel I should point out that the "thin scatter" was exactly what all of us to find from a set of trenches positioned so as to be on the very edge of the settlement area.

EH did not design this last excavation to assess the importance of the archaeology - they knew that from the first bit of work. EH wanted to know its extent - which is why they put in such large trenches well away from the core of the settlement.

Tarmac of course have portrayed this as being representative of the site - which is why they were so keen to get people to go round and see there was so little there.

They have also protrayed everybody - EH, NYCC officers and at least one councillor, myself, Dr Jan Harding, the CBA, FoT and no doubt anyone else that values this site as being disonourable.

Reply | with quote
Posted by BrigantesNation
23rd February 2006ce
00:07

In reply to:

Re: Setting (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Setting (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: