The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hill of Tara Forum Start a topic | Search
Hill of Tara
Catch it while you can...
3 messages
Select a forum:
After two weeks of bad weather and missed opportunities I finally got to see the alignment at the Mound of the Hostages at Tara this morning. It was a fantastic sunrise and well worth climbing out of bed early, especially considering I wasn't sure I'd see anything at all since the supposed date of alignment was two weeks ago!

Anyway it was great to watch, Tara is fast becomming my favourite place, understated and sometimes deserted if your lucky, it deserves a long time strolling, sitting and contemplating. This is more true now than ever considering a new motorway will soon destroy the few peaceful moments on this much loved and trodden hill...

The alignment is still very good and possibly will remain so up to the weekend, get on your wellies and go see it!

A sequence of photos of the mound and the last rays of the alignment are on my site here:

http://www.shadowsandstone.com/gallery/1206516

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
15th February 2006ce
20:24

Messages in this topic: