The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Anglesey Forum Start a topic | Search
Anglesey
Re: Stonelifter!
62 messages
Select a forum:
There will still be some timbers of Pons Aelius to be found if the river gets very low in the late spring - like very low. Shouldn't it be beneath the Swing Bridge? I have memories of the house on those steps, years ago. 17-19 Castle Stairs, I think. Had a pottery in their in the 70's and has a lovely narrow, long, garden that stretches over to Bessie Surtees's House. It's all developed now, of course. There's still a couple of wild bits left yet but. 'Wild' meaning smelly fires with 8-Ace bottles in.

Don't miss these cupmarks, though. They're on the carved horse steps among the stone cannon balls under the rail bridge after Black Gate. (I've just found a didgeridoo). I've worked on a stone wall down there years ago, not far from TYne Tees, at the start of the Quayside project when it was all empty, and also worked in an office by the bridge for a bit, a long time ago, when video was new. Spanker used the front of the building for the view out of his sergeant's window, but I was down the other Side.

Reply | with quote
StoneLifter
Posted by StoneLifter
6th February 2006ce
22:40

In reply to:

Re: Stonelifter! (Hob)

1 reply:

Re: Stonelifter! (Hob)

Messages in this topic: