The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Oddendale Cairn I Forum Start a topic | Search
Oddendale Cairn I
Re: thwaggishness
17 messages
Select a forum:
And, perhaps, I've learned here not to expose my crazy ideas to group criticism and the stone at the top of Thurstones may have been moved and may have been holed with iron (early industrial) chisels. As it is now it functions as a 'terminal stone' barring the stone row and showing that the intended view is eastwards. I've pulled moss off the tops of more stones there (this was in October) and people have had a better look at what's there and the perception of what it is, I'd say, is now firmly rooted. I just need to feed in the correct dates for sunrise watchers (April 15 and August 25 ish).

There are three stones in that section of Harpers Lane wall. Two are holed and the third is carved - it's just a fragment. So the name 'Harpers Lane Stone' won't do (it's not named yet, if you can think of something). Rather than being proud to have found all this stone poo I'm proud to have found an explanation for 'why are Bolton people so talented' - they're descended from druids !

Reply | with quote
StoneLifter
Posted by StoneLifter
30th January 2006ce
07:45

In reply to:

Re: thwaggishness (StoneLifter)

2 replies:

Re: thwaggishness (fitzcoraldo)
Re: thwaggishness (tuesday)

Messages in this topic: