The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bremore Forum Start a topic | Search
Bremore
Re: Megalithic Tomb about to be destroyed, Ireland
9 messages
Select a forum:
Thats the crux of the Tara case in the courts at the moment. I dont know all the legalities but the general gist is that in order to amend or over-rule the constitution there has to be a popular vote (referendum). The constitution as it stands says the government is bound to protect national monuments, the governments counter argument is that it has the right to define where the area consituting the national monument ends. Personally it sounds to me like the case against the motorway at Tara is very sound so we'll have to see how it pans out. It does sound like the 2004 amendment is unconstitutional though.

I think the Bremore project is a Progressive Democrat initiative, since they are a minority party with less than 5% at the polls and every intiative they come up with seems to lose Bertie votes I'm not sure anything will ever come of this. There's been something fishy going on in this area for a very long time, remember the shady charachters trying to buy up swathes of this area for a comical 'disney' type park four or five years ago?

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
28th January 2006ce
00:01

Messages in this topic: