The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Pete Real
234 messages
Select a forum:
Sore spot touched I guess. Ah well - I'm not attacking anyone and am entirely happy for those people who indulge themselves in their own rituals. I do get a bit pissed off with the fox hunting, hare coursing rituals, but then I am a townie. As I said - if your rituals work for you then enjoy them. What is wrong with that? Do you insist that I should enjoy them too. Compulsory belief is what the Imans want.

Societies move on and new rituals replace the old. You have quoted Cherokee wisdom and I often use it myself. But how many modern Cherokees know of it or believe in it? Their day has gone and what remains? Some don lurid feathers and dance for tourists, some make an academic study of tribal lore - most wear base ball caps, get drunk, smoke pot, raise kids, work hard, take vacations, watch TV and do what other Americans do....
But none of them really believe what their fathers believed, do you?

Reply | with quote
PeterH
Posted by PeterH
12th January 2006ce
22:21

In reply to:

Pete Real (morfe)

1 reply:

Re: Pete Real (morfe)

Messages in this topic: