The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Black Sow’s Bed Forum Start a topic | Search
Black Sow’s Bed
Re: But I can't let this go ...
24 messages
Select a forum:
>>My New Years resolution is, not to be bogged down with prooving, science, geometry, geology etc.
This is not a cop out in any way, I am not competent in these fields.

You cant just not 'be bogged down with proving, science', like I cant choose not to be bogged down with my inability to fly under my own power. If you discard science and proving, then you become a pure fantasist. Some might suggest your already there but then your not providing any reasons to say otherwise, even to yourself. Your just accepting that you have a gift to sense things that very, very few others can and science/measurement cannot. If you want to go around satisfied that you have this gift then do just that, if you want to constantly disrupt discussions with rambling claims of unproven and unprovable phenomenon then for your own peace of mind I would suggest you find a forum of like minded people, I'm sure its not pleasant to be constantly shouted down and dismissed so why do it to yourself?

Sure, your theories and experiences sound interesting and there are probably a few people here who want to learn more but I really doubt I'm the only one who has to navigate through reams of gobbledegook just to follow a thread about something I'm interested in. It gets really frustrating to start reading a couple of replies about a certain stone/stones then having to find your way around 15 replies on whether church seats are capacitors or conductors or if the decayed organisms in chalk are storing energy for the big party in the sky or whatever.

So, here's a proposal. By all means stay a part of the community here, and maybe someday you'll prove us all ignorant, but instead of veering topics way off course, just start another. So if someone mentions chalk, churches, planets, lines in passing, then you could start a topic 'just to pick up on what Mr. Doe said about chalk....' etc etc.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
5th January 2006ce
19:05

In reply to:

Re: But I can't let this go ... (cropredy)

Messages in this topic: