The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Newgrange Forum Start a topic | Search
Newgrange
Re: Calling Cian Mac Liam
11 messages
Select a forum:
Hi SOG et al,

The Winter Solstice Blitz is going ahead again this year, I saw it mentioned in the local paper in Drogheda so there may be more people than last year. Its organised by Munich from Drogheda who is a very keen antiquarian and all round good egg and will be starting at Baltray again. The folks from Mythical Ireland will be there also and I believe there will be a film crew joining at some stage too. I'm going straight to Newgrange to be there around 7.45, there's probably no need to be there before that. The Blitz is a good day out, last year it was a great mix of cynics, believers, curious and bemused so if you haven't been on it before Anita then you should consider this year. If you check out the photos added by Bawn79 and myself you can see that you can photograph and see great sites/sights.

You can go straight to the mound at Newgrange, not to the centre and after the lucky few have witnessed (hopefully) the highlight of the morning then the great unwashed can have a look inside the chamber without a guide (but under supervision). I have no idea how the photos of the passage and chamber ended up on my memory card, I was just very lucky to have the camera erratically trigger itself when the passage was clear for about 5 seconds.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
19th December 2005ce
17:15

In reply to:

Re: Calling Cian Mac Liam (bawn79)

1 reply:

Re: Calling Cian Mac Liam (StewardsofGondor)

Messages in this topic: