The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: dead and buried?
72 messages
Select a forum:
Excuse me FourWinds but you should never feel guilty about what you've done. You have meticulously recorded all those thousands of sites in Ireland and they are the heritage of every person in Ireland, bourgeois or whoever. I think getting that information onto the internet is a very valuable thing to do. You're making it accessible to anyone in the world, and you're raising its profile. I think 'roots' are important to everyone. Your spare cash could make a tiny difference to world poverty. But what you've done with your website, it's not as though it's a major selfish capitalist venture, and it's created something where nothing existed before. You ought to be proud I think. Ok so you get some pleasure out of it but so do many other people who enjoy the site you've made. It's not entirely selfish! You can eschew all worldly goods and join Mother Theresa's nuns if you like but there's no need to beat yourself up if you don't go quite that far.
Besides. I'm sure there are plenty of people of the 'working class' who enjoy visiting prehistoric sites (not everyone here can be an accountant) - though maybe the internet is a pretty middle class thing in itself.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
26th October 2005ce
09:38

In reply to:

Re: dead and buried? (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: dead and buried? (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: