The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ysbyty Cynfyn Forum Start a topic | Search
Ysbyty Cynfyn
Re: Parking & Spelling & Kinnerton
8 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Kammer - nope did not up there; but we spent some time at YC (BTW Coflein lists it with two Ts!). The blackcurrants overhanging much of the churchyard were delicious. Will be some good conkers there in a few weeks too (though I won't try eating those... I'm not a horse with a chest problem). The sign next to the road about the site was filthy, so I got me and my oldest two kids to clean the sign. Also the keys to the church... they were draped over the little fountain next to the parking. Went into the church - very dusty smelling... last entry in the visitors' tbook was in August 2004! I half expected to find it was 2008 or something when we emerged from there... was rather bizarre.

I also noticed you looked for the Kinnerton stones, and found the obvious one like everyone else... I think I found the other... I added a misc here:
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/4070

Cheers

Tim

Reply | with quote
ShropshireTraveller
Posted by ShropshireTraveller
6th September 2005ce
16:07

In reply to:

Re: Parking (Kammer)

Messages in this topic: