The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Loughcrew Complex Forum Start a topic | Search
Loughcrew Complex
Carnbane West right of way
1 message
Select a forum:
I was up at Carnbane East yesterday (Monday), met a group of people and chit chatted. I was saying it was such a nice day that the walk to Carnbane West would be well worth the effort but you have to watch out for the grumpy farmer who doesn't allow access. Anyway, the person (Jeff I think his name was) I was talking to said there had been a public meeting in Ballyjamesduff where it was made very clear that there is definitley public right of way to the cairns and that the farmer has no right to stop you. Anyone else hear of a meeting?

Just thought I'd pass on that nugget of info in case anyone else was put off visiting such a fantastic site (or sneaked along the edge of the hedge like me).

Its a pity its easier for dodgy businessmen to get Irish passports than it is to get a key for Cairn L.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
7th June 2005ce
00:52