The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Hang on Hang on !
182 messages
Select a forum:
> I see little point in indepth discussion as you've already made your minds up - that has been clear from the very beginning of my postings.

>Whoosh!<

What was that? That was the sound of the whole idea of debate going over SBPs head!

> you're not interested in any views that don't tally with your own, and if any point contary to your views is raised you call it aggressive......so I thought I'd act as you expect me to.

Hmm. You DO act as I expect you to - just as you've described above. Like Croley, you're constantly invited to offer your own views (hey - it's a free forum!) but refuse to in the same way every time! It's always everybody else's fault, isn't it? As far as I can tell, SBP, it ain't what you say, it's the way that you say it!

Do you want some examples?
"My God.....Geldoff's talking about world poverty, people dying - you're talking about a large pile of mud......."
"Oxfam aren't employing archaeologists - cretin!"
"sorry to disappoint you but I'm not an archaeologist by trade - just an amateur like you un-qualified lot...."
"dunno you tell me? apparently multi-tasking is in favour...."
"make your own choices, its obvious you think you know all you need to and archaeology can tell you nothing more"
"You have your own little cliques and your own little rants"
"is English not your first language?"

And that's just from THIS thread!

In your more lucid moments, you provide some interesting thoughts, but you refuse to elaborate on them and for some reason resort to insult! Most if not all of the above examples of your lack of ability to communicate were countered in a fair way, but it seems it is YOU that isn't interested if someone's views don't tally with your own!

Why do you post here? ARE you deliberately trying to provoke an angry response? If so - Job well done! If not, just chill out and join in the debate in a less confrontational way. You'll find you'll get a more positive result. You never know - you may even learn something! ;o)

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
3rd June 2005ce
08:00

In reply to:

Re: Hang on Hang on ! (smallblueplanet)

1 reply:

Re: Hang on Hang on ! (smallblueplanet)

Messages in this topic: