The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hill of Tara Forum Start a topic | Search
Hill of Tara
Re: M3 go-ahead
14 messages
Select a forum:
<i>Tram/Train would have been better,</i>

And less intrusive, less noisy and a whole lot less pollution from individuals in cars.....

I read the chap from Navan's comments about affordable housing.
What happens when the M3 is built and therefore puts Navan within an easy commute to Dublin and the house-prices in Navan rocket and then people have to live miles away to find houses they can afford but the roads aren't capable of supporting that amount of commuter traffic, it's a never-ending situation.

Many times I've visited Tara, my favourite part of the site is the Mound of the Hostages. The whole site is such a special place, not the least for its serenity and the sense that you stand at the centre of the world. When you stand there by the Lía Fail and turn 360 degrees, you <b>know</b> how the High Kings felt when surveying their kingdom for the very first time.

The thought of what it will become with the noise and pollution and how much of the sacred landscape surrounding it will be lost in the name of progress makes me sad to my soul.

If you've not been to Tara yet, do make the effort to go before any work starts, you'll be glad you did.

Rune

Reply | with quote
Rune
Posted by Rune
13th May 2005ce
11:35

In reply to:

Re: M3 go-ahead (FourWinds)

2 replies:

Re: M3 go-ahead (Moth)
Re: M3 go-ahead (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: