The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hill of Tara Forum Start a topic | Search
Hill of Tara
Re: M3 go-ahead
14 messages
Select a forum:
(It does seem strange that Ireland gets lots of money from tourists based on its legendary past, and then the government agrees to run a road through it. )

In the article at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl[...]/story/0,1280,-4999740,00.html

Edel Bhreathnach, a University College Dublin archaeologist who has been studying Tara and the surrounding fields for 15 years, called the site ``a ceremonial landscape of the utmost importance, not just to Ireland but to the world.If another nation was proposing to do this we'd be calling them barbarians"

``Sure, hardly a single one of those do-gooders even lives in Meath. If it was up to them, they'd like no buildings or people at all in Meath, just this precious landscape,'' said Eamonn Fitzsimons, 37, a Dubliner forced to relocate to Navan by high real estate prices. ``We have a right to a modern road in the year 2005. I spend more time in my car than with my children.''

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
12th May 2005ce
09:46

In reply to:

M3 go-ahead (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: M3 go-ahead (moss)

Messages in this topic: