The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Perth and Kinross Forum Start a topic | Search
Perth and Kinross
Re: Faultlines and monuments
16 messages
Select a forum:
> It's early and I may have misunderstood but I though most of the circles and that had the stones dragged from elsewhere? Who knows?

Interesting post entitled 'Moving the Bluestones' from Orion over on Britarch yesterday, and I quote -

> The stone #36 is a bluestone and is at Stonehenge. Although it is now a free standing stone, it seems to have originally been intended to be used as a lintel. Some of the bluestones that are now freestanding have obviously been tooled for some other purpose leading to the belief that the bluestones were originally set up differently either at Stonehenge or elsewhere.

Here are more tooled bluestones at Stonehenge they are now standing stones of the bluestone circle and bluestone horseshoe (or oval). Stone #150 seems to have been intended as a lintel as well as #36.

http://www.orionj.net/Bluestone_36_68_150.html

Orion

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
28th April 2005ce
07:52

In reply to:

Re: Faultlines and monuments (goffik)

Messages in this topic: